of Reported Results...
Based on WRATT Foundation recommendations,
- A textile manufacturer reduced wastes by 5,200
tons/year, for an annual savings of $1.54 million.
- A manufacturer of water meters switched to off-peak
electrical power, for an annual savings of $100,000.
- An auto body repair shop recycled 200 lbs of
cardboard per month and recovered by distillation 35
gallons of paint thinner per month, for an annual
savings of $4,500.
- A manufacturer of steel trusses reduced steel scrap
by 850 tons/year, for an annual savings of $550,000.
- A sausage and food products company reduced water
usage by 2.25 million gallons/month and recycled 40 tons
of cardboard per week, for an annual savings of
- A manufacturer of electrical connectors reduced
hazardous sludge by 185 tons/year, and recycled oil for
an annual savings of $43,750.
- A manufacturer of wooden furniture reduced Volatile
Organic Compounds by 12,000 lbs/year and reduced general
wastes by 14,400 lbs/year, resulting in an annual
savings of $28,000.
- A city school system reduced electrical and water
usage, and initiated a recycling program, saving $36,700
- A manufacturer of lumber and wooden pallets
converted 9 million board feet of scrap wood per year to
mulch, resulting in annual savings and sales increases
- A manufacturer of tubular metal products installed
capacitors to correct a low power factor, saving $84,000
- A shipbuilding and repair company reduced
landfilling, VOC's, scrap steel, and improved their
sandblasting operation, saving $240,000 per year.
- A fabric manufacturer reduced reactant usage and
recycled used oil, saving $116,300 per year.